Handwoven Mayan Hammock is made for hammock lovers
One of the items we used to carefully bring back from Mexico were Mayan hammocks. They are made by people who used them for sleeping and so know hammock comfort. Usually available in both nylon and cotton, these hammocks use miles of string which is woven so that it gives with body weight and you can easily turn, stretch and roll without falling out. The sides of the hammock are high and children can easily sleep in them without fear of them falling out. My daughter loved the hammock. She said it was like being in a string egg!
Here are some of the selling points:
- Handwoven from more than 2 miles of durable nylon
- Authentic, expert workmanship
- Diamond weave for remarkable strength
- Room for 3 or more; 600-lb. weight capacity
- Bed dimensions: 7 ft. 6 in. L x 11 ft. W
- Overall length: 14 ft. 8 in.
- Several color options available
- Hanging hardware not included
We hung ours in the grape arbor so that you could lie in the shade and eat grapes at your leisure. Only Roman emporers knew such luxury! And gardeners deserve a hour or so of well earned leisure so they can bask in the fruit of their labors.
At Mayan Hammock
Read More in: Decorations for Garden and Patio
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Garden Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Marilyn Renaker at May 28, 2010 7:55 AM